If you've purchased a Detour, friends can sync to your purchase for free and take the Detour with you.
While there is no limit to the number of people that can be in a sync group, we recommend 4 or less for best results.
How to sync on iOS
- Ensure that WiFi is enabled on all devices.
- Open the tour in the Detour app.
- Leader and followers should click on "Sync With Friends" button.
4. The tour owner should tap the "Add a friend" button and scan everyone else in the group.
5. You also can find your bar code on your profile page by clicking on Me button. It should be located at the upper right corner.
6. Make sure that that Cellular Data within the Detour app settings is turned on. it's not going to use your Data, this setting allows us to use ad-hoc WiFi that we need to sync the iOS devices (you can read more about ad-hoc WiFi here: https://www.lifewire.com/ad-hoc-mode-in-wireless-networking-816560).
To verify it's turned on:
- Go the phone Settings
- Scroll down and find Detour
- Make sure Cellular data is switched on
To sync with your friends on Android, you need to open the tour, and tap the "Sync with friends button". You'll need to give the app permission to access your camera. The other party has several options, but the easiest one is to go the "Me" tab and use that QR code.
Note: Syncing with friends on Android currently requires network access – it doesn’t work offline, like on iOS.